Thursday 14 December 2006
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK Patience by Take That was in the top 5 hits.
The Painted Veil, directed by John Curran, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while Cross by James Patterson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2006.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 December 2006!
Which were the important events of 14 December 2006 ?
- R.C. Saints - Memorial of Saint John of the Cross
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 December
- American spy satellite USA-193 is launched.
- The head of UK security service MI5, Dame Eliza Manningham-Buller, has announced she will step down from her post after four years. (The Times)
- A research expedition concludes that the Chinese River Dolphin is now likely extinct, directly due to human action. (Globe Mail)
- Ban Ki-moon is officially sworn in as the next United Nations Secretary-General. (BBC)
- The Supreme Court of Israel decides that the targeted assassination of Palestinian militants by the Israeli military can be legal under international law. (AP via Houston Chronicle)
- U.S. Senator Tim Johnson (D-SD) undergoes surgery after suffering a brain hemorrhage due to an arteriovenous malformation. If he is incapacitated, the Republican Party Governor of South Dakota, Mike Rounds, will be able to appoint his replacement, potentially changing the balance of the Senate. (CNN)
- Gunmen dressed in military uniforms kidnap between 20 and 30 people in the Sanak area of central Baghdad. (BBC)
- Operation Paget, the inquiry into the death in 1997 of Diana, Princess of Wales headed by Lord Stevens, a former chief of London's Metropolitan Police, concludes that there were no suspicious circumstances and that the fatal car crash in which she died was a 'tragic accident'. (BBC)
- UK Prime Minister Tony Blair is interviewed by police investigating cash for honours allegations. (BBC)
- The European Union announces it will introduce a common EU-wide driving licence in 2013. (BBC News)
- The Nintendo Wii breaks record sales in Australia and is the fastest selling gaming console in Australian history. (Sydney Morning Herald)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2006 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?