Monday 14 December 2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Empire State Of Mind by Jay-Z.
Avatar, directed by James Cameron, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Going Rogue: An American Life by Sarah Palin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 December 2009!
Which were the important events of 14 December 2009 ?
- R.C. Saints - Memorial of Saint John of the Cross
- Alan A'Court: English footballer and manager (d. 2009).
- The Group of 77 (including China, India, UAE, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia) suspends participation in treaty negotiations at the Copenhagen Climate Change Conference, citing the unwillingness of developed nations to live up to the Kyoto Protocol and what they view as a lack of open negotiations. (AP)
- Antonio Maria Costa, head of the UN Office on Drugs and Crime, claims that some banks were rescued during the recent global financial crisis by billions of dollars that originated from the illegal drug trade. (Press Trust of India)
- Researchers report that the Veined Octopus retrieves coconut shell halves to use as shelter, becoming the first invertebrates recorded to use tools. (''Times Online'')
- The Eritrean national football team goes missing in Kenya, with the intention of seeking asylum. (BBC)
- Cabin crew at British Airways vote overwhelmingly in favour of a planned 12 days of strike action over Christmas and the New Year in a dispute over job cuts and changes to staff contracts. (BBC)
- Centre-right candidate Sebastian Piñera wins the first round of the presidential election in Chile, and will face a run off with centre-left candidate Eduardo Frei on January 17. (AP)
- Dubai receives a US$10 billion bailout from Abu Dhabi to help fund troubled Dubai World. (CCTV)
- Guinea's military junta reject a proposal by the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) of sending an ampquotintervention forceampquot to the country. (Xinhua)
- Sudanese police fire tear gas and detain some 38 protesters in clashes at a planned pro-democracy rally in Omdurman. (BBC)
- A Bangkok court extends the detention of the crew of the seized Ilyushin Il-76, a cargo aircraft loaded with 35 tonnes of arms from North Korea, charging them with the illegal possession of weapons. (BBC)
- It is revealed that China's People's Liberation Army has built a massive underground tunnel in the Hebei region to protect its nuclear weapons. (''The Chosun Ilbo'')
- Austrian bank Hypo Group Alpe Adria is nationalised to avert a bank collapse. (Reuters)
- TeliaSonera opens the world's first 4G LTE cellular network for public in Oslo, Norway, and Stockholm, Sweden. (''Wall Street Journal'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?