Wednesday 14 December 2011
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
The Flowers of War, directed by Yimou Zhang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Cabin Fever by Jeff Kinne was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 December 2011!
Which were the important events of 14 December 2011 ?
- R.C. Saints - Memorial of Saint John of the Cross
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 December
- Thirteen people are killed in Hama, Syria, during the latest violence in the ongoing uprising. (Al Jazeera)
- ''Time'' names ampquotThe Protesterampquot the magazine's 2011 Person of the Year, as a result of the Arab Spring and subsequent movements. (Forbes)
- United Kingdom unemployment rises to 2.64m. (BBC)
- A state of emergency is declared in the Nelson region of New Zealand due to heavy floods. (''New Zealand Herald'')
- Toxic illegal alcohol kills 166 people in West Bengal, India. (''The Hindu'')
- The governments of the United States, Australia, New Zealand and the Netherlands protest the start of Japan's whaling season off the coast of Antarctica. (AFP via News Limited)
- Taiwan is to reduce the length of compulsory military service from one year to four months. (''Straits Times'')
- Belgian police find the body of a woman at the home of gunman Nordine Amrani responsible for the 2011 Liège attack. (''Global Post'')
- The speaker of Russia's lower house of parliament and ally of Vladimir Putin, Boris Gryzlov, resigns. (''The New York Times'')
- The population of the village of Wukan in southern China revolt over the death of a local man who led protests against a land grab local officials and police flee. (''Daily Telegraph'')
- Democratic Republic of the Congo opposition leader Etienne Tshisekedi's party calls for mass protests amid disputed elections. (IOL)
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2011 ?
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?