Wednesday 14 February 1912
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Crime and the Criminal, directed by Alfred Rolfe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1912.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1912!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1912 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Oliver Wendell: Harrington cartoonist.
- Edmund George Love: United States -- Teacher / historian / author (A Small Bequest).
- Juan Pujol Garcia [Garbo / Arabel]: Spanish British / German double agent.
- Tibor Sekelj: Hungarian explorer and author (d. 1988).
- 1st US submarines with diesel engines commissioned, Groton, Connecticut
- Arizona was admitted to the Union as the 48th state
- Arizona is the 48th state admitted to the USA.
- In Groton, Connecticut, the first diesel-powered submarine is commissioned.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?