Sunday 14 February 1915
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Bachelor's Romance, directed by John Emerson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1915.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 14 February 1915 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 14 February 1915 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
See other famous people born on 14 February
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1915 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Aida - O Terra Addio (Angels Guard Thee) - John McCormack & Lucy Isabelle Marsh
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in February 1915?
- Science: Science vol. 41 issue 1050
- Science: Science vol. 41 issue 1049
- Science: Science vol. 41 issue 1048
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
A narrative of loss and change, a love story, and a warning about the evils of materialism, the book chronicles two midwestern families trying to cope with the onset of industrialization.
Excerpt: ...pleased to call plutocratic obsessions, nor had their disapproval always been confined to badinage. Nancy, too, they looked upon as a renegade. I was able to bear their reproaches with the superior good nature that springs from success, to ...
This early 20th-century classic chronicles the adventures of an orphaned newspaper boy in his "hand-to-hand scuffle" with life in a midwestern metropolis. Gene Stratton-Porter's faith in the healing power of nature is also apparent, in a lovingly depicted tamarack swamp ...
Pollyanna Grows Up is a 1915 children's novel by Eleanor H. Porter. It is the first of many sequels to Porter's best-selling Pollyanna. Pollyanna, now cured of her crippling spinal injury, spends her time teaching the "glad game" to new ...
Tell the world why 14 February 1915 is such a special date for you!