Monday 14 February 1916, Valentine's Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Three Musketeers, directed by Charles Swickard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1916.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1916!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1916 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Jean Carrelet: France Military man.
- Wawrzyniec Jerzy: Zulawski composer.
- C O'Neill: American lawyer and politician, Ohio's 59th governor and a jurist.
- Sally Gray: English actress and singer (d. 2006).
- Masaki Kobayashi: Japanese director and producer (d. 1996).
- Edward Platt: Staten Island, New York -- Actor (Chief-Get Smart)
- Marcel Bigeard: French military, a General and State Secretary of Defense.
- Knut Blom: Norwegian jurist and judge. He served as Supreme Court Justice from 1968 to 1986. During the occupation of Norway in World War II Bloms was a central member of Hjemmefrontens Ledelse ('The Leadership of the Home Front'). He was decorated with the Defence Medal 1940–1945 and in 1978 the Royal Norwegian Order of St. Olav.
- Petko J Todorov Bulgaria writer (Zmejova): dies at age 36.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1916 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- M-O-T-H-E-R (A Word That Means the World to Me) - Henry Burr
- He's Got a Bungalow - Arthur Fields
- Is There Still Room for Me 'Neath the Old Apple Tree? - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Araby - Harry Macdonough
- When Old Bill Bailey Plays the Ukelele - Peerless Quartet
- You'd Never Know That Old Home Town of Mine - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?