Thursday 14 February 1918
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Unbeliever, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1918!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1918 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 February
- H Atteridge and S Rombergs musical "Sinbad" premieres in New York City, New York.
- The Soviet Union adopts the Gregorian calendar (on 1 February according to the Julian calendar).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Battle Hymn of the Republic - Columbia Stellar Quartet & Charles Harrison
- Where the Morning Glories Grow - Elizabeth Spencer & Sterling Trio
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?