Saturday 14 February 1931, Valentine's Day
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lord Rossmore and Vic Morrow.
It Pays to Advertise, directed by Frank Tuttle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1931.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1931!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1931 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Lord Rossmore: .
- Vic Morrow: Bronx, New York -- Actor (Combat, Roots, Twilight Zone the Movie).
- Phyllis McGuire in Middletown: Ohio, USA; singer (McGuire Sisters).
- Bernie "Boom Boom" Geoffrion NHL right wing (Montreal Canadiens: New York Rangers).
- Bernie ''Boom Boom'' Geoffrion: Canadian hockey player (d. 2006).
- Phyllis McGuire: American group singer with sisters Dotty and Chris who performed in nightclubs during the '50s and '60s. After a split of 17 years, the sisters once more reached their fans in the '80s, with Chris at 57, Dorothy, 56 and Phyllis 54. Their last performance had been on "The Ed Sullivan Show" in 1968. Singing together from the time they were kids. Dorothy and Chris left to raise their families and Phyllis worked on a solo career.
- Bernie Geoffrion: Canadian ice hockey player and coach (d. 2006)
- Brian Kelly: American actor and director (d. 2005)
- Bradman scores 152 Aust vs. WI, 154 minutes, 13 fours 2 fives
- Spanish government of General Damasco Berenguer falls.
- The original film version of ''Dracula'' with Bela Lugosi is released.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?