Sunday 14 February 1932, Valentine's Day
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Murders in the Rue Morgue, directed by Robert Florey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1932.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1932!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1932 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Michael Ball: Bishop (Truro).
- Peter Ball: Bishop (Gloucester).
- Jocelyn Stevens: CEO (English Heritage).
- Jack Hibbert: director (Central Statistical Office).
- Brian Kelly in Detroit: Michigan, USA; actor (Flipper, Straightaway).
- Maurice Audin: French mathematics assistant at the University of Algiers, a member of the Algerian Communist Party and an activist in the anticolonialist cause, who was one of the "disappeared" during the Battle of Algiers.
- Peter Blair: American wrestler, an Olympic bronze medal champion. He won the bronze for the Light Heavyweight Freestyle event at the 1956 Olympics in Melbourne, Australia.
- Alexander Kluge: German author and film director. After growing up during World War II, he studied history, law and music in Marburg and in Frankfurt am Main in Germany. He received his doctorate in law in 1956. While studying in Frankfurt, Kluge befriended the philosopher Theodor Adorno, who was teaching at the Institute for Social Research, or Frankfurt School. Kluge served as a legal counsel for the Institute, and began writing his earliest stories during this period. At Adorno's suggestion, he also began to
- Helmut Gahmann: Germany Actor
- Harriet Andersson: Swedish actress
- S Africa all out for 36 in 1st innings vs. Aust (Ironmonger 5-6)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?