Sunday 14 February 1932
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Murders in the Rue Morgue, directed by Robert Florey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1932.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1932!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1932 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Peter Blair: American wrestler, an Olympic bronze medal champion.
- Alexander Kluge: German author and film director.
- Helmut Gahmann: Germany Actor.
- Maurice Audin: French mathematics assistant at the University of Algiers, a member of the Algerian Communist Party and an activist in the anticolonialist cause, who was one of the "disappeared" during the Battle of Algiers.
- Harriet Andersson: Swedish actress.
- Michael Ball: Bishop (Truro)
- Peter Ball: Bishop (Gloucester)
- Brian Kelly in Detroit: Michigan, USA; actor (Flipper, Straightaway).
- Jocelyn Stevens: CEO (English Heritage).
- Jack Hibbert: director (Central Statistical Office).
- S Africa all out for 36 in 1st innings vs. Aust (Ironmonger 5-6)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?