Saturday 14 February 1942
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Roxie Hart, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1942!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1942 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Margaret Wright: chief commissioner (Guide Association).
- Andrew Robinson: American actor and director.
- Ricardo Rodríguez: Mexican race car driver (d. 1962).
- Michael Bloomberg: American media mogul and politician.
- Piotr Szczepanik: Polish singer and actor.
- Mike Bloomberg: American businessman, billionaire and politician, elected the 108th Mayor of New York City on November 6, 2001, succeeding Rudy Giuliani. After spending up to $70 million of his own money on his campaign, he was sworn in by his predecessor in Times Square, just minutes after midnight on January 1, 2002. Later that day, he took the oath of office at 12:21 PM EST in a short, no-frills ceremony at the city clerk's office. He lives in his five-story, art filled brownstone on Manhattan's Upper East S
- Thomas Reilly: American politician. Reilly became 43rd Attorney General of Massachusetts in January 1999 and has led the state’s battle against the tobacco industry and Microsoft and played to the media, while investigating the recent sale of the Red Sox by the Yawkey Trust to "ensure that the charities that were to benefit from the sale got what they deserved."
- Roland Giraud: French film actor and stage comedian. "My birth wss unexpected by my parents, aged of 40. I have a brother, twelve years older" he said. Famous for his role in the movie "Trois hommes et un couffin", interpreted by Tom Selleck in the US remake "Three men and a baby". Also known for his qualities of vocalist.
- Ricardo Rodriguez: Mexican racing driver (d. 1962)
- Adnan Bin Saidi: Officer of the Malay Regiment killed in the defense of Singapore (Born 1915).
- Japanese parachutists land near oil center in Palembang, Sumatra.
- Battle of Pasir Panjang contributes to the fall of Singapore.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 February 1942 and get them!