Saturday 14 February 1942, Valentine's Day
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Margaret Wright and Ricardo Rodriguez.
Roxie Hart, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1942!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1942 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Margaret Wright: chief commissioner (Guide Association).
- Ricardo Rodriguez: Mexican racing driver (d. 1962).
- Mike Bloomberg: American businessman, billionaire and politician, elected the 108th Mayor of New York City on November 6, 2001, succeeding Rudy Giuliani.
- Roland Giraud: French film actor and stage comedian.
- Thomas Reilly: American politician.
- Michael Bloomberg: American media mogul and politician
- Andrew Robinson: American actor and director
- Ricardo Rodríguez: Mexican race car driver (d. 1962)
- Piotr Szczepanik: Polish singer and actor
- Adnan Bin Saidi: Officer of the Malay Regiment killed in the defense of Singapore (Born 1915).
- Japanese parachutists land near oil center in Palembang, Sumatra.
- Battle of Pasir Panjang contributes to the fall of Singapore.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?