Thursday 14 February 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Tomorrow Is Forever, directed by Irving Pichel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1946!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1946 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Jan Decleir: Belgian (Flemish) movie and stage actor, who had his first big role in Fons Rademakers' Mira (1971).
- Tina Aumont: French actress born in America, the daughter of Maria Montez and Jean-Pierre Aumont.
- Gregory Hines: American song-and-dance man, a gifted dancer, who appeared in films and on stage, transforming the world of modern dance.
- Bernard Dowiyogo: Nauru politician President of Nauru (d. 2003).
- David Green: English TV / video producer.
- Tina Aumont in Hollywood: California, USA; actress (Master of Love, Casanova).
- Gilbert Colzin: French homicide; strangled his wife 10/25/1986.
- Tim Buckley in Washington DC: USA; rocker (Blood, Sweat and Tears - "When I Die").
- The Bank of England is nationalized.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1946 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?