Saturday 14 February 1953
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Don't Let The Stars Get In Your Eyes by Perry Como & The Ramblers was in the top 5 hits.
The Naked Spur, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1953!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1953 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Wayne Siegel: Composer.
- Vittoria Gassman: American noted family, second daughter of Vittorio Gassman and Shelley Winters.
- Serge Dubs: French sommelier, awarded the title of "World's Best Sommelier" in 1989.
- Odds Bodkin: American storyteller.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?