Monday 14 February 1955, Valentine's Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Softly Softly by Ruby Murray was in the top 5 hits.
The Wages of Fear, directed by Henri-Georges Clouzot, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1955!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1955 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- R Jeremy H Lascelles: grandson of English princess Mary.
- Ronald Desruelles: Belgian athlete.
- Rip Rogers: American professional wrestler.
- Claire Cook: American novelist, author of "Ready to Fall " (2000), "Must Love Dogs" (2002) and "Multiple Choice" (2004).
- James Eckhouse: American actor and director.
- Charles Cuvillier: Composer, dies at 77.
- WFLA (now WXFL) TV channel 8 in Tampa-St Petersburg, Florida (NBC) begins
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1955 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?