Tuesday 14 February 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to The Great Pretender by The Platters.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
The Ladykillers, directed by Alexander Mackendrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Ten North Frederick by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1956!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1956 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Dave Dravecky pitcher (San Francisco Giants): had arm amputated.
- Howard Edward Davis Jr in Glen Cove: New York, USA; lightweight boxer (Olympics-silver-1976).
- Ken Wahl: Chicago, Illinois -- Actor (Wanderers).
- Howard Davis: Jr.
- Dave Dravecky: American baseball player.
- Verhoeven / Nauta / De King / Wijnhout win Dutch 11 city skate
- Indonesia withdraws from Netherlands Indonesian Union.
- The XX Congress of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union begins in Moscow. On the last night of the meeting, Premier Nikita Khrushchev condemns Joseph Stalin's crimes in a secret speech.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1956 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?