Tuesday 14 February 1989
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Straight Up by Paula Abdul.
In UK Something's Gotten Hold Of My Heart by Marc Almond featuring Gene Pitney was in the top 5 hits.
The 'Burbs, directed by Joe Dante, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Midnight by Dean R. Koontz was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1989.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1989!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1989 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Nestor Calderon: Mexican footballer.
- Eric Lambert: Guitarist.
- Néstor Calderón: Mexican footballer.
- Christopher Handke: German footballer.
- Adam Matuszczyk: Polish footballer.
- Emma Miskew: Canadian curler
- Denisa Smolenová: Slovak swimmer
- Sten-Timmu Sokk: Estonian basketball player
- Brandon Sutter: Canadian ice hockey player
- Kristian Thomas: English gymnast
- James Bond: American ornithologist and zoologist (d. 1989).
- Boxer Mike Tyson divorces actress Robin Givens
- Khomeini orders Moslems to murder Satanic Verses Novelist Rushdie
- Robin Givens is granted a divorce from Mike Tyson in Dom Rep
- African National Congress (ANC) opens office in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Iranian leader Ruhollah Khomeini issues a fatwa encouraging Muslims to kill the author of The Satanic Verses, Salman Rushdie.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paula Abdul - Straight Up
- Tone Loc - Wild Thing
- Bon Jovi - Born To Be My Baby
- Debbie Gibson - Lost In Your Eyes
- Sheena Easton - The Lover In Me
- Sheriff - When I'm With You
- Rick Astley - She Wants To Dance With Me
- Edie Brickell - What I Am
- Information Society - Walking Away
- New Kids On The Block - You Got It (The Right Stuff) (Remix)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?