Friday 14 February 1997, Valentine's Day
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brighton Reinhardt and James Martin.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Un-Break My Heart by Toni Braxton.
In UK Where Do You Go by No Mercy was in the top 5 hits.
Lost Highway, directed by David Lynch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1997
while Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Brass Eye.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dark Law: Meaning of Death or Dark Rift.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1997!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1997 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1997 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Toni Braxton - Un-Break My Heart
- The Spice Girls - Wannabe
- En Vogue - Don't Let Go (Love)
- R. Kelly - I Believe I Can Fly
- Puff Daddy - Can't Nobody Hold Me Down
- Whitney Houston - I Believe In You And Me
- Keith Sweat - Nobody
- Jewel - You Were Meant For Me
- Babyface - Every Time I Close My Eyes
- BLACKstreet - No Diggity
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?