Thursday 14 January 1904
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cecil Beaton and Jean Thomazo.
Bullet Piercing a Soap Bubble, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
while The Crossing by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1904!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1904 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Cecil Beaton: British-American noted photographer, stage and Oscar-winning film designer and author, noted for photographs of society, film stars and other celebrities and one-time official photographer to the British royal family.
- Jean Thomazo: French military officer, a colonel and politician called "nez de cuir".
- Robert Thomazo: Dax Military man.
- Emily Hahn: American journalist and author (d. 1997).
- Babe Siebert: Canadian ice hockey player and coach (d. 1939).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1904 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Bedelia - Haydn Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1904?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?