Tuesday 14 January 1908
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Jeppe paa bjerget, directed by Viggo Larsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
while Mr. Crewe's Career by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1908!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1908 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Russ Columbo: American singer, violinist and actor (Born 1908).
- Ren? Mettavant: Nancy Military man.
- Carl Esmond: Vienna, Austria -- Actor (Address Unknown, Hitler).
- Ruggiero de Rudolpho Columbo: US singer / actor (Miracle of Women).
- Holger Drachmann: Danish poet and dramatist (Born 1846).
- Roger Hartigan scores century on Test debut versus England Adelaide (116).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1908 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Make Believe - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 January 1908 and get them!