Thursday 14 January 1915
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Hypocrites, directed by Courtenay Foote, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while The Turmoil by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1915!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1915 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Mark Goodson: American game show producer created Family Feud and The Price Is Right (d. 1992).
- André Frossard: Colombier-Chételot Journalist.
- Jean Blaizot: Mauvezin physician.
- Andre Frossard: French writer, a journalist and novelist.
- Jacques Senez: Marseille physician.
- Richard Meux Benson: founder of Anglican religious order (Born 1824).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- At the Mississippi Cabaret - American Quartet
- It's a Long, Long Way to Tipperary - Albert Farrington
- Same Sort of Girl - John Barnes Wells & Inez Barbour
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1915?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 January 1915 and get them!