Wednesday 14 January 1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Pollyanna, directed by Paul Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while The Man of the Forest by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1920!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1920 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Jean Dutourd: French writer, novelist, he was a member of the "Académie Française" (1978-2011).
- Bertus de: Harder Dutch soccer star (Bordeaux).
- George Herman: newsman (CBS-TV).
- Bertus De Harder: Netherlands sport Champion.
- Salvador Flores Rivera: Mexican composer and singer.
- John Francis Dodge: American automobile pioneer (Born 1864).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Peggy - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- Blues (My Naughty Sweetie Gives to Me) - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Wait Till You Get Them Up in the Air, Boys - Billy Murray
- I Want a Daddy Who Will Rock Me to Sleep - All-Star Trio
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1920?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 January 1920 and get them!