Wednesday 14 January 1925
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
As Man Desires, directed by Irving Cummings, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
while Soundings by A. Hamilton Gibbs was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1925!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1925 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Jean-Claude Beton: Algerian-French engineer and businessman founded Orangina (d. 2013).
- Moscelyne Larkin: American ballerina (d. 2012).
- Louis Quilico: Canadian baritone (Born 1925).
- Yukio Mishima: Japanese writer whose prolific output includes novels, short stories, plays and essays.
- Ugo Pecchioli: Italian politician, senator 1972, member of the European council.
- Willem Devout: self employed (V and Dreesmann), dies.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1925 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Rose-Marie - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Somebody Loves Me - Marion Harris
- The Pal That I Loved (Stole the Gal I Loved) - Lewis James
- Tell Me, Dreamy Eyes - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 January 1925 and get them!