Friday 14 January 1927
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ivan Kalita and Zuzana Ruzickova.
The Kid Brother, directed by Ted Wilde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
while Elmer Gantry by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1927!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1927 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Ivan Kalita: USSR -- Equestrian dressage (1968 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Zuzana Ruzickova: Czech harpsichordist.
- Zuzana Růžičková: Czech harpsichord player.
- Toronto Maple Leafs 1st hat trick (Hap Day) vs. New York Rangers
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 January 1927
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?