Tuesday 14 January 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edgar Sergeyi Hovhanesyan and Ernest Just Black biologist.
The Farmer's Wife, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Cimarron by Edna Ferber was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1930!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1930 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Edgar Sergeyi Hovhanesyan: Composer.
- Ernest Just Black biologist: served as Vice President of American Zoologists.
- René Bonino: French runner, Olympic track and field champion.
- Raymond Murphy: American military.
- Rene Bonino: France sport Champion.
- Kenny Wheeler: Canadian-English trumpet player and composer (Azimuth) (d. 2014)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?