Thursday 14 January 1932
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Caterina Valente and Harriet Andersson.
Forbidden, directed by Frank R. Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
while The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching William Searle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1932!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1932 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Caterina Valente: Paris, France -- Singer (Entertainers).
- Harriet Andersson: Stockholm, Sweden -- Actress (Cries & Whispers).
- Antonio Maspes: .
- Don Garlits: American race car driver and engineer.
- 1st totalisator (to record racetrack bets) in US installed, Hialeah
- Horse racing legend Eddie Arcaro won his 1st race
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?