Monday 14 January 1935
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
David Copperfield, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
while Green Light by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1935!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1935 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Marjorie Weinzweig: Canadian/american professor of philosophy and author.
- Lucille Wheeler: Canadian alpine skier.
- Sid Sheinberg: American entertainment executive, married to actress Lorraine Gary, and also known for discovering Steven Spielberg.
- Oil pipeline Iraq-Mediterranean goes into use.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 January 1935 and get them!