Thursday 14 January 1937
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Black Legion, directed by Archie L. Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1937!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1937 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- J Bernlef: Dutch author and poet (d. 2012).
- Ken Higgs: English cricketer and coach.
- Leo Kadanoff: American physicist and academic (d. 2015).
- Erland Kops: Danish badminton player.
- Rao Rao: Indian actor producer and politician (d. 1994).
- Sonny Siebert: American baseball player
- Shoban Babu: Indian actor
- Billie Jo Spears: Country singer
- Stefano Satta Flores: Italian opera singer and actor. Died of leukemia 10/22/1985.
- Jaishankar Prasad: Hindi poet, dramatist and novelist (Born 1889).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 January 1937 and get them!