Sunday 14 January 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Blue Bird, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1940!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1940 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Julian Bond: American politician, educator and TV commentator.
- Julian Bond in Nashville: Tennessee, USA; American politician (Democrat-Georgia), civil rights leader.
- Ron Kostelnik: American football player (Born 1940).
- Siegmund Nimsgern: German opera singer.
- Trevor Nunn: English director and composer.
- Vasilka Stoeva: Bulgarian discus thrower
- Sir Trevor Nunn: English theatre director and film director
- Commissioner Kenesaw Landis gives free agency to 91 Detroit Tigers.
- NFL Pro Bowl: Green Bay Packers beat NFL All-Stars 16-7.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1940 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Last Time I Saw Paris - Kate Smith
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?