Tuesday 14 January 1941
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marjoe Gortner in Long Beach and C L "Gibby" Gilbert Jr in Chattanooga.
High Sierra, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
while The Keys of the Kingdom by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1941!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1941 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Marjoe Gortner in Long Beach: California, USA; actor (Speak Up America, Falcon Crest).
- C L "Gibby" Gilbert Jr in Chattanooga: Tennessee, USA; PGA golfer (1976 Danny Thomas).
- [Dorothy] Faye Dunaway in Bascom: Florida, USA; actress (Chinatown, Bonnie and Clyde).
- Milan Kucan: Slovenian statesman.
- Charles Bellonzi: French jazz drummer and composer.
- Faye Dunaway: American actress, on-screen from 1966 in films that include "Bonnie and Clyde," 1967, for which she won the Oscar as Best Actress, "Little Big Man," 1970, "Three Days of the Condor," 1975 and "Network," 1976, for which she won a second Oscar as Best Actress.
- Nicholas Brooks: English historian (d. 2014)
- Gibby Gilbert: American golfer
- Milan Kučan: Slovenian politician 1st President of Slovenia
- WWII: Commerce raiding ''hilfskreuzer Pinguin'' captures the Norwegian whaling fleet near Bouvet Island, effectively ending Southern Ocean whaling for the duration of the war.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?