Thursday 14 January 1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Holland Taylor in Philadelphia and Jose Luis Rodriguez.
Tarzan Triumphs, directed by William Thiele, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1943!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1943 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Holland Taylor in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; actress (The Practice, Bossom Buddies, Camilla - Naked Truth).
- Jose Luis Rodriguez: Caracas, Venezuela -- Singer (Dueno De Nada).
- Ronald Hunter in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; actor (Lazarus Syndrome).
- Jean-François Mattei: French doctor and politician, a professor of pediatrics and genetics, who served as the director of Genetics at the teaching hospital of Marseilles.
- Holland Taylor: TV Actress.
- Angelo Bagnasco: Italian cardinal
- Mariss Jansons: Latvian conductor
- Shannon Lucid: Shanghai, China -- Astronaut (STS 51G, 34, 43, 58, 76 / 79)
- José Rodríguez: Venezuelan singer and actor
- Adolf Sandberger: Composer, dies at 78.
- FDR andWinston Churchill confer in Casablanca concerning WWII
- Heinrich Himmler views Warsaw
- Alex Smart (Montreal Canadiens) is first NHL player to score hat trick in his first game.
- British Prime Minister Winston Churchill and American President Franklin Roosevelt meet at Casablanca, Morocco, over eleven days. The decision is made to attack the island of Sicily. British Bomber Command is directed to focus on submarine bases on the Biscay coast in the short term, and submarine construction yards as long term targets.
- World War II: Franklin D. Roosevelt becomes the first President of the United States to travel via airplane while in office when he travels from Miami, Florida to Morocco to meet with Winston Churchill.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 January 1943
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?