Monday 14 January 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Howard Carpendale and Harold Shipman.
The Harvey Girls, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
while The King's General by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Composer at the Piano.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1946!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1946 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Howard Carpendale: South-African born singer of German-language Schlager songs.
- Harold Shipman: British serial killer, perhaps the most prolific England has ever known with an estimated 200 victims- or more - between 9/21/1984 to 6/24/1998, when he was apprehended.
- Travis Williams: Football Player.
- 2 jetties collapse in Ganges-160 Hindu pilgrims are crushed
- The United States announces its total expenditure during the war: US$200 billion.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1946 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- You Won't Be Satisfied (Until You Break My Heart) - Les Brown & His Orchestra (Vocal Doris Day)
- Symphony - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?