Friday 14 January 1949
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Christine Belford in Amityville and Lawrence Kasdan in Miami.
A Canterbury Tale, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while The Egyptian by Mika Waltari was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Your Show Time.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1949!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1949 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Christine Belford in Amityville: New York, USA; actress (Banacek, Empire, Beverly Hills 90210).
- Lawrence Kasdan in Miami: Florida, USA; director/writer (Accidental Tourist).
- Antonio Sala: Portuguese broadcaster and singer.
- Paul Chubb: Australian actor (d. 2002).
- Lawrence Kasdan: American director producer and screenwriter.
- Mary Robison: American author and academic
- İlyas Salman: Turkish actor director and screenwriter
- Lamar Williams: American bass player (The Allman Brothers Band and Seal Level) (d. 1983)
- Joaquin Turina: Spanish composer of classical music.
- Black / Indian race rebellion in Durban, South Africa; 142 die
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?