Saturday 14 January 1950
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edwin De Vries and Kaija Keel.
Gun Crazy, directed by Joseph H. Lewis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rocky King, Detective.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1950!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1950 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Edwin De Vries: Dutch actor, director and writer.
- Kaija Keel: American noted family, the daughter of actor Howard Keel, who enjoyed a privileged Hollywood upbringing.
- Laura Jäntti: Finnish film director.
- Rambhadracharya : Indian religious leader scholar and author.
- Arthur Cover: American author and screenwriter.
- As the Girls Go closes at Winter Garden Theater NYC after 420 performances
- US recalls all consular officials from China.
- The first prototype of the MiG-17 makes its maiden flight.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?