Sunday 14 January 1951
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Halls of Montezuma, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while Joy Street by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1951.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1951!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1951 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Jean-Luc Brunin: French Catholic priest, who has served as Bishop of Havre since 2011.
- William Risrook: rocker (BT Express - "Here Comes the Express").
- Pascal Roland: French Catholic clergtman, the Bishop of Belley-Ars since 15 June 2012, previously spending nine years as Bishop of Moulins.
- Gregorios Xenopoulos: Greek novelist, journalist and playwright (Born 1867).
- NFL Pro Bowl: first since 1942, Americans beat Nationals 28-27.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?