Thursday 14 January 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
David and Bathsheba, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not as a Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1954!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1954 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Jim Duggan: American professional wrestler.
- Masanobu Fuchi: Japanese professional wrestler.
- Vernee Watson-Johnson: American actress.
- New York Yankee Joe DiMaggio marries actress Marilyn Monroe
- The Hudson Motor Car Company merges with Nash-Kelvinator Corporation forming the American Motors Corporation.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?