Wednesday 14 January 1959
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to The Chipmunk Song by The Chipmunks.
In UK It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty was in the top 5 hits.
Bell Book and Candle, directed by Richard Quine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Exodus by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1959!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1959 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Chipmunks - The Chipmunk Song
- The Platters - Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
- Connie Francis - My Happiness
- Billy Grammer - Gotta Travel On
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
- Fats Domino - Whole Lotta Loving
- Clyde McPhatter - A Lover's Question
- Elvis Presley - One Night
- The Everly Brothers - Problems
- Ricky Nelson - Lonesome Town
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?