Tuesday 14 January 1964
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Steven Soderbergh and Sergei Nemchinov in Moscow.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to There! I've Said It Again by Bobby Vinton.
In UK Glad All Over by Dave Clark Five was in the top 5 hits.
The Incredible Mr. Limpet, directed by Arthur Lubin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came in from the Cold by John Le Carre was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Tenkes kapitánya.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1964!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1964 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Steven Soderbergh: Writer (Mimi, Schizoplis).
- Sergei Nemchinov in Moscow: Russia; NHL center (New York Islanders, Olympics-Silver-1998).
- Mark Addy: British actor.
- Beverly Kinch: English long jumper and sprinter.
- Ernest Miller: American wrestler and actor.
- Shepard Smith: American television journalist
- Bapu Nadkarni 32-27-5-0 versus England, 21 maiden overs in a row.
- 14th NBA All-Star Game: East beats West 111-107 at Boston, Massachusetts.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vinton - There! I've Said It Again
- The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
- The Murmaids - Popsicles And Icicles
- Bobby Rydell - Forget Him
- The Trashmen - Surfin' Bird
- The Singing Nun - Dominique
- The Rip Chords - Hey Little Cobra
- Shirley Ellis - The Nitty Gritty
- The Marketts - Out Of Limits
- Jan & Dean - Drag City
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?