Friday 14 January 1966
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to We Can Work It Out by The Beatles.
In UK Day Tripper / We Can Work It Out by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Ghost and Mr. Chicken, directed by Alan Rafkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley of the Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1966!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1966 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Daniel J Schneider in Memphis: Tennessee, USA; actor (Dennis - Head of the Class).
- Dan Schneider: TV Producer.
- DJ Elstak: Dutch DJ and producer.
- Robert Flello: English lawyer and politician.
- Marco Hietala: Finnish singer-songwriter bass player and producer (Nightwish Tarot Northern Kings and Sinergy).
- Rene Simpson: Canadian-American tennis player (d. 2013)
- Matt Brock: NFL defensive end/tackle (New York Jets).
- Mark Obershaw: American homicide; arrested by police on 7/26/1997, Rockland, MA. Mark had apparently beaten his younger brother, Brian, to death. The two men shared an apartment from time to time over the past few years. The police arrested Mark after discovering Brian's body at the landfill in Bedford and the chief said that Mark had admitted to killing his brother. Their parents are dead and Brian left no family. It was believed that the brothers had had an argument.
- Bill Carr: American athlete (Born 1909).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - We Can Work It Out
- Simon & Garfunkel - The Sounds Of Silence
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - She's Just My Style
- The Vogues - Five O'Clock World
- The Righteous Brothers - Ebb Tide
- The Beatles - Day Tripper
- The Statler Brothers - Flowers On The Wall
- Mike Douglas - The Men In My Little Girl's Life
- The Rolling Stones - As Tears Go By
- The T-Bones - No Matter What Shape (Your Stomach's In)
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?