Saturday 14 January 1967
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Rhodes and Terry Wooden NFL linebacker (Seattle Seahawks.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to I'm A Believer by The Monkees.
In UK Green Green Grass Of Home by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
A Fistful of Dollars, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Arrangement by Elia Kazan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der dritte Handschuh.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1967!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1967 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Tom Rhodes: Actor (-Mr Rhodes).
- Terry Wooden NFL linebacker (Seattle Seahawks: Kansas City Chiefs).
- Leonardo ''Leo'' Ortolani: Italian comic book author.
- Saskia Wickham: British actress.
- Kerri Green: American actress.
- Emily Watson: Actress (Breaking the Waves, Boxer)
- Zakk Wylde: American musician (Black Label Society)
- Carla Facciolo: Reality Star
- Leonardo Ortolani: Italian author and illustrator created Rat-Man
- Renato Lunelli: Composer, dies at 71.
- New York Times reports Army is conducting secret germ warfare experiments.
- Sonny and Cher release "The Beat Goes On".
- Earthquake in Sicily kills 231.
- Counterculture of the 1960s: The Human Be-In, takes place in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park, launching the Summer of Love.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 January 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Monkees - I'm A Believer
- The Royal Guardsmen - Snoopy Vs. The Red Baron
- Aaron Neville - Tell It Like It Is
- Paul Revere & the Raiders - Good Thing
- Nancy Sinatra - Sugar Town
- The Mamas & The Papas - Words Of Love
- Four Tops - Standing In The Shadows Of Love
- The New Vaudeville Band - Winchester Cathedral
- Frank Sinatra - That's Life
- The Seekers - Georgy Girl
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?