Tuesday 14 January 1969
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da by Marmalade was in the top 5 hits.
Pierrot le Fou, directed by Jean-Luc Godard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while Portnoy's Complaint by Philip Roth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1969!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1969 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Dave Grohl: American musician, a drummer with the group Nirvana, replacing Chad Channing.
- Martin Bicknell: English cricketer.
- Rico Smith: NFL wide receiver (Cleveland Browns).
- Jason Kent Bateman in Rye: New York; actor (David-Valerie, Hogan Family).
- David Grohl: American drummer and composer (Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Them Crooked Vultures).
- Jason Bateman: American actor in four TV series, including "Silver Spoons" and "It's Your Move," 1984. He made his first movie in 1987 at the age of 18, "Teenwolf Too." His sister, Justine (born 2/19/1966), was also a child actress; both kids continued in the business as young adults. In 1990, he was reputed to be an arrogant, self-centered prima donna; five years later he commented that he's getting too old to be a jerk any more.
- 25 members of US aircraft carrier Enterprise die during maneuvers.
- Soyuz 4 launched; rendezvous with Soyuz 5 two days later
- An accidental explosion aboard the USS Enterprise (CVN-65) near Hawaii kills 27 people.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
- Brooklyn Bridge - Worst That Could Happen
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- The Doors - Touch Me
- Young-Holt Unlimited - Soulful Strut
- B.J. Thomas - Hooked On A Feeling
- Dusty Springfield - Son-Of-A Preacher Man
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 January 1969 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?