Friday 14 January 1977
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to You Make Me Feel Like Dancing by Leo Sayer.
In UK Don't Give Up On Us by David Soul was in the top 5 hits.
Salon Kitty, directed by Tinto Brass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien and Christopher Tolkien was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1977!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1977 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Narain Karthikeyan: Indian race car driver.
- Terry Ryan: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Yandel : World Music Singer.
- Peter Finch: British actor and international star by the '60s.
- Abdul Razak bin Hussain: premier of Malaysia (1970-77), dies at age 53.
- Anthony Eden: British Prime Minister 1955-1957, noted for a brilliant political career up to the unsuccessful British and French invasion of the Suez Canal zone after Egypt had seized and nationalized the canal.
- Anais Nin: French author (Born 1903).
- Ana?s Nin, Cuban/American writer (Delta of Venus), dies at age 73.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rose Royce - Car Wash
- Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr. - You Don't Have To Be A Star (To Be In My Show)
- Leo Sayer - You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
- Stevie Wonder - I Wish
- Brick - Dazz
- The Sylvers - Hot Line
- Engelbert Humperdinck - After The Lovin'
- Burton Cummings - Stand Tall
- Rod Stewart - Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright)
- Elton John - Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 14 January 1977 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?