Sunday 14 January 1979
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Too Much Heaven by Bee Gees.
In UK YMCA by The Village People was in the top 5 hits.
Invasion of the Body Snatchers, directed by Philip Kaufman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1979!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1979 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Daniela Freitas: Brazilian exotic dancer, a blonde beauty with a large derrière.
- Soprano : French rapper of comorian descent.
- John Reuben: American hip hop artist.
- Karen Elson: English singer-songwriter guitarist and model.
- Evans Soligo: Italian footballer.
- James Scott: Soap Opera Actor
- Thomas DeSimone: gangster associate of the Lucchese crime family (Born 1950).
- US President Jimmy Carter proposes Martin Luther King's birthday be a holiday.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?