Monday 14 January 1980
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Rock With You by Michael Jackson.
In UK Brass In Pocket by The Pretenders was in the top 5 hits.
Scavenger Hunt, directed by Michael Schultz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while The Covenant by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1980.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1980!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1980 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Clive Clarke: Irish footballer.
- Cory Gibbs: American soccer player.
- Ossama Haidar: Lebanese footballer.
- Byron Leftwich: American football player.
- Yūko Kaida: Japanese actress.
- Taeke Taekema: Dutch field hockey player
- Hiroshi Tamaki: Japanese actor and model
- Stewart Baby: American infant born with mental retardation due to inexperienced medical help. The mother, Ora Stewart went to Bellevue Hospital in labor on 1/13/1980, the resident had only 5 weeks obstetrics experience and sent Ora home. She delivered the baby the next morning at home. The infant has brain damage from lack of oxygen during labor, mentally retarded and Stewart sued the hospital and won a $7.2 million verdict 10/04/1988.
- Robert Ardrey: American author (Born 1908).
- Blues Brothers movie with Dan Akwoyd and John Belushi opens
- Shakuntala Devi mentally multiplies two 13-digit numbers in 28 seconds.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - Rock With You
- Captain and Tennille - Do That To Me One More Time
- Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Pina Colada Song)
- Kenny Rogers - Coward Of The County
- Stevie Wonder - Send One Your Love
- Smokey Robinson - Cruisin'
- Cliff Richard - We Don't Talk Anymore
- Kool & The Gang - Ladies Night
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - Please Don't Go
- Little River Band - Cool Change
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?