Monday 14 January 2008
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Now You're Gone by Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz was in the top 5 hits.
Funny Games, directed by Michael Haneke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while I Am America (and So Can You!) by Stephen Colbert was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Breaking Bad.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Armand and the Foppish Hat or Blast Works: Build, Trade, Destroy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 2008!
Which were the important events of 14 January 2008 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 January
- Judah Folkman: American physician and biologist (d. 2008).
- Alvaro Colom is sworn in as President of Guatemala. (AP via Google News)
- The European Commission opens two new probes on alleged anti-competitive behavior by Microsoft Corporation. (AP via ''The Melbourne Age'')
- War in Waziristan: At least seven Pakistani soldiers die in a clash with pro-Taliban militants in a tribal area near the Afghan border. Twenty-three tribal militants also die in the fighting in Mohmand agency. (BBC News)
- Prime Minister of Israel Ehud Olmert warns that ampquotall options are being taken into considerationampquot to stop Iran from going nuclear. (AP via Yahoo! News)
- Bobby Jindal is sworn in as the 56th Governor of Louisiana. He is the first Indian American governor in U.S. history. (NPR)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 January 2008
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?