Thursday 14 January 2010
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Winter's Bone, directed by Debra Granik, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Going Rogue: An American Life by Sarah Palin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2010.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 2010!
Which were the important events of 14 January 2010 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 January
- Petra Schurmann: German model and TV announcer, Miss World 1956 (Born 1935).
- India celebrates the Thai Pongal, Makar Sankranti and Magh Bihu harvest festivals in places around the country (Palayamkottai, Haridwar). (The Hindu)
- 40 people are killed after two buses crash head-on in one of Papua New Guinea's worst ever road accidents. (AFP)
- Seven people die in a stampede at a religious festival on the Ganges in West Bengal, India. (Press TV)
- Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez partially reverses a decision to ration electricity in the country a day after it was announced, saying it was having ampquotundesirable effectsampquot on the population. Thus, Caracas residents won't have power cuts anymore. (AFP)
- The head of Guinea's junta Moussa Dadis Camara and interim leader General Sékouba Konaté hold emergency talks with Burkina Faso's President Blaise Compaoré. (BBC)
- Mongolian President Elbegdorj Tsakhia announces a moratorium on the death penalty, calling for it to be abolished. (''China Daily'')
- A crew of eight Irish sailors is rescued after the Clipper Round the World Yacht Race competitor ''Cork Clipper'' hits a rock in Java, Indonesia. (Ireland Online)
- A man is held in custody in Ireland after threatening that there was a bomb on board a transatlantic flight which had to land in an emergency at Shannon Airport. (RTÉ)
- Taoiseach Brian Cowen meets Prime Minister Gordon Brown in London for talks on the devolution process in Northern Ireland. (BBC)
- A suicide bombing at a market in Afghanistan's Orūzgān Province kills 20 people. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2010 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?