Saturday 14 January 2012
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Sexy And I Know It by LMFAO.
The Raid: Redemption, directed by Gareth Huw Evans, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 2012!
Which were the important events of 14 January 2012 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 January
- A suicide bomber kills at least 53 people and injures more than 130 in the Iraqi city of Basra. (CNN)
- Violent protests occur in Bucharest, Romania, as two-day-old demonstrations continue against President Traian Băsescu's economic austerity measures. Clashes are reported in numerous Romanian cities between protesters and law enforcement officers. (''Washington Post'')
- A power transformer malfunction in Bursa, Turkey, leaves millions without electricity, including the metropolis of Istanbul. (''Washington Post'')
- Rescue teams find two survivors trapped inside the capsized cruise ship ''Costa Concordia'', which ran aground off the coast of Tuscany on January 13, killing at least three people. The ship's captain is detained by police for questioning. (''New Zealand Herald'')
- The Emir of Qatar, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani, proposes that Arab League troops be sent to Syria to end ongoing violence in the country. (VoA)
- Voters in the Republic of China go to the polls for the 2012 presidential election. Incumbent President Ma Ying-jeou ultimately wins re-election with 51% of the vote, defeating Democratic Progressive Party chairwoman Tsai Ing-wen. (''China Post'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2012 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?