Tuesday 14 July 1914
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The King of the Beggars, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1914!
Which were the important events of 14 July 1914 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
- Sidney George Gray: Company Secretary.
- John Dempsey: American finance accounting production manufacturer and CEO of Greif Brothers, a manufacturer of barrels, boxes and containers.
- Angelo Caimo: Italy sport Champion.
- 1st patent for liquid-fueled rocket design granted (Dr R Goddard)
- The Government of Ireland Amending Bill is passed by the House of Lords.
- Mexican Revolution: Victoriano Huerta resigns the presidency of Mexico and leaves for Coatzacoalcos, Veracruz.
- Count István Tisza makes a statement in the Hungarian chamber regarding relations with Serbia: ampquotThey must be cleared up.ampquot
- The Signal Corps of the United States Army is formed, giving definite status to its air service for the first time.
- The British Fleet at Spithead is reviewed by the King.
- Austria-Hungary ndash A press scare concerning an alleged ampquotGreater Serbiaampquot conspiracy occurs.
- King George V of the United Kingdom summons a conference to discuss the Irish Home Rule problem.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Fascination - Prince's Orchestra
- This is the Life - Billy Murray
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?