Tuesday 14 July 1914
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The King of the Beggars, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1914!
Which were the important events of 14 July 1914 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
- Sidney George Gray: Company Secretary.
- Angelo Caimo: Italy sport Champion.
- John Dempsey: American finance accounting production manufacturer and CEO of Greif Brothers, a manufacturer of barrels, boxes and containers.
- 1st patent for liquid-fueled rocket design granted (Dr R Goddard)
- The Government of Ireland Amending Bill is passed by the House of Lords.
- Mexican Revolution: Victoriano Huerta resigns the presidency of Mexico and leaves for Coatzacoalcos, Veracruz.
- Count István Tisza makes a statement in the Hungarian chamber regarding relations with Serbia: ampquotThey must be cleared up.ampquot
- The Signal Corps of the United States Army is formed, giving definite status to its air service for the first time.
- The British Fleet at Spithead is reviewed by the King.
- Austria-Hungary ndash A press scare concerning an alleged ampquotGreater Serbiaampquot conspiracy occurs.
- King George V of the United Kingdom summons a conference to discuss the Irish Home Rule problem.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Fascination - Prince's Orchestra
- This is the Life - Billy Murray
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1914?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?