Sunday 14 July 1918
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Uncle Tom's Cabin, directed by J. Searle Dawley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1918!
Which were the important events of 14 July 1918 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
- Ingmar Bergman: Swedish film director, a prestigiously productive and creative artist whose lens focused darkly on landscapes of tormented guilt and neurosis with only the occasional smile on a summer night.
- Arthur Laurents: American director screenwriter and playwright (d. 2011).
- Jay Wright: Forrester invented random-access magnetic core memory.
- Quentin Roosevelt: American aviator, son of Theodore Roosevelt (Born 1897).
- Dutch government reclaims South seas
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Hello Central, Give Me No Man's Land - Al Jolson
- Just a Baby's Prayer at Twilight (For Her Daddy Over There) - Edna White's Trumpet Quartet
- At the Jazz Band Ball - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1918?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?