Saturday 14 July 1923
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Merry-Go-Round, directed by Rupert Julian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1923!
Which were the important events of 14 July 1923 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
- Primo Nebiolo: Italian President of the FIDAL as well as the Olympic Games Association.
- Frances Lear in Larchmont: New York, USA; woman's magazine publisher (Lears).
- Antoine Haffner: St-Etienne EXecutives.
- Harold Epperson: American u.s.
- Dale Robertson: American actor and singer (d. 2013).
- Willie Steele: American long jumper (d. 1989)
- Robert Zildjian: American businessman founded Sabian (d. 2013)
- Dale Robertson in Harrah: Oklahoma, USA; actor (Death Valley Days, Walter - Dynasty).
- Louis Ganne: Composer, dies at 61.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Wildflower - Ben Bernie & His Orchestra
- Trot Along - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1923?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?