Friday 14 July 1950
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Verena Bachmann and Gwen Guthrie.
The Furies, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Andy Pandy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1950!
Which were the important events of 14 July 1950 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
- Verena Bachmann: Professional astrologer in Zürich, Switzerland; originally a teacher, she is also a qualified psychotherapist.
- Gwen Guthrie: American singer-songwriter and pianist (d. 1999).
- Bruce Oldfield: English fashion designer.
- RE Wayne awarded first Distinguished Flying Cross in Korea.
- Korean War: North Korean troops initiate the Battle of Taejon.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?