Monday 14 July 1958
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
The Fly, directed by Kurt Neumann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1958!
Which were the important events of 14 July 1958 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
- Joe Keenan: American novelist, script writer, producer and playwright, he is a twin as well.
- Robert Jensen: American journalist and activist.
- Mircea Geoană: Romanian politician and diplomat 97th Romanian Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Anne Hegerty: British television personality.
- Colonel Saddam Hussein and Iraqi army overthrows the monarchy
- General Abdul K Kassem forms a military government in Iraq
- Pope Pius XII publishes his 39th and last encyclical Meminisse juvat
- Iraqi Revolution: in Iraq the monarchy is overthrown by popular forces led by Abdul Karim Kassem, who becomes the nation's new leader.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- The Coasters - Yakety Yak
- Elvis Presley - Hard Headed Woman
- Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool
- Bobby Darin - Splish Splash
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- Jody Reynolds - Endless Sleep
- Jimmie Rodgers - Secretly
- Duane Eddy - Rebel-'Rouser
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?